Millennials are said to be born between 1980 and 1994 previously known as Generation Y although many commentators take the age range up to born year 2000. Continue reading Why Millennials leave companies and what can you do to stop this trend?
So what’s the difference between Management & Leadership and why is that important?
- Typically, managers maintain things and leaders change things
- Management is about ‘what’ and ‘how’ and leadership is about ‘why’.
- Management is about the issues of the day, and leadership is about the issues of the future .
- Management is reactive and leadership is mostly proactive
- Management is about coping with today’s complexity, whilst leadership is about coping with change
- Managers are responsible for getting tasks done on time/on budget; leaders are responsible for developing people to achieve the vision.