So what’s the difference between Management & Leadership and why is that important?
- Typically, managers maintain things and leaders change things
- Management is about ‘what’ and ‘how’ and leadership is about ‘why’.
- Management is about the issues of the day, and leadership is about the issues of the future .
- Management is reactive and leadership is mostly proactive
- Management is about coping with today’s complexity, whilst leadership is about coping with change
- Managers are responsible for getting tasks done on time/on budget; leaders are responsible for developing people to achieve the vision.