As part of our service we require all of our Supervisors to use a common approach to contracting.
Especially where the need is more urgent, we like to be clear about what you can expect to discuss/agree during the ‘contracting’ phase.
The SVN Contract states that:
Your supervisor will be responsible for:
- Creating a safe space for you so that we can work in confidence
- Stating the Confidentiality Agreement ( as long as not harmful to you, your organisation and the community ).
- Supporting and challenging you appropriately
- Managing the supervision conversation.
- Sharing experience and understanding in the service of good supervision.
- Offering any theories/frameworks/techniques where appropriate.
You will be responsible for:
- Making telephone/Skype contact with your supervisor at the agreed time.
- Notifying your Supervisor of any requirement to cancel or re-schedule your agreed appointment. (See Cancellation Policy)
- Owning your actions/outcomes from the Supervision conversation.
- Making payment (See Payment Schedule), by BACS within 24 hours of the session to the applicable supervisor
On occasions we will take your case to supervision ourselves – we will always ensure complete confidentiality if this is the case.
Clear contracting is part of the Supervision Process that we follow.